UV Bulb Exposure unit
Our UV Bulb Exposure unit comes complete with height adjustable stand. Fitted with alloy UV reflector shade shield.
Our complete UV Screen Exposure Bulb is a great way to expose emulsion for an economical price.
Specifically manufactured for Sunlight stencils and not available on the UK market anywhere else.
Simply screw in the bulb to any light fixture and safely expose a screen with any recommended Emulsion for approximately 10-12 minutes in a light safe environment.
UV Bulb Exposure unit Tech Specs:
- Electrical: 220v 40W
- Mount: screw fitting fitting
- UV Wave Length: 360-380nm
- 16cm in length x 6cm width
To Expose A Screen:
- Complete light fixture to power bulb.
- In a light safe environment center UV Bulb Exposure unit directly above the middle of the screen at a height of 12-15 inches. Note: The higher your bulb is, the longer your exposure time, and the more coverage to the screen.
- Place opaque black transparency reverse onto shirt side of screen and tape to screen. If your transparency is not opaque your screen will not expose as well.
- You can add a piece of thin clear glass on top of your screen to increase the positive pressure during exposure. This is optional but will increase the detail gained during exposure.
- Expose for 10-12 minutes in a light safe environment. Note: Ensure your screen is bone dry before exposing. The more emulsion your screen has, the longer your exposure times will be. Increase exposure for lower mesh counts.
- Washout your screen out with high pressure water in a safe environment.
- Blot the image with newspaper or clean absorbent, then dry.
- If your image does not expose or washout properly. First make sure you are in a light safe environment. Ensure your screen is coated with a thin coat of emulsion and allowed to dry so it is smooth to the touch. If your emulsion is tacky you need to either coat it with less emulsion or dry it for a longer period of time. You can use a clean fan or dehumidifier to speed up the drying process. Ensure your film positive is dark and opaque. Ensure your screen has positive contact between the film positive and the screen mesh. Add a sheet of glass or foam under the screen to increase positive contact.
- If your screen exposes but is slimy, increase exposure time by 1 minute and try again.
- If you can’t wash out the image then decrease the time by 1 minutes until the image appears
UV Bulb Exposure unit Light Notice:
This bulb emits UV Light. Eye protection should be used during this process. Always use proper precautions to be safe. Prolonged exposure directly to eyes or skin will cause damage. Keep out of reach of children.
Delivery – Courier Service – Signed for Service